Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Grilled Peaches with Goat Cheese and Blackberry Cider Reduction

     Last Friday night was the From Farm to Fork: A Taste of Local Foods event in Lincolnton.  There was a really good turn out.  If you weren't there, you really missed out.  So many great things come out of Lincoln County and the surrounding area.  If you weren't there, here is a partial list of what you missed.
Fresh salsa and chips
Honey and Honey Butter
Beef Brisket
Pork Roast
Roasted corn on the cob
Soybeans/Edamame
Muscadine Jelly
Blackberry Cider
Peaches, Pears, and Apples

If you did go, leave me a note/comment and tell me what you enjoyed or liked about the event.  Before leaving my husband and I got a few goodies for ourselves to take home.  We got a ham roast from Grateful Growers Farm, muscadine jelly from Woodmill Winery, blackberry cider from Leatherman's Farm.  I also got a bag of peaches from Davis and Son Orchards as a thank you for helping out that night. 

Here is what I decided to do with my peaches and the blackberry cider for a snack on Saturday afternoon.




2 peaches (halved and pitted)
2 tablespoons of goat cheese
1/4 cup blackerry cider
Basil

Preheat grill to 400 degrees.  Pour cider in a small sauce pot and heat on medium heat until it has reduced.  It should easily coat the back of a spoon.  Spray cut side of peach with cooking spray and lay cut side down on grill.  Leave for about 3 mintues or until you have the desired grill marks.  Remove from grill and arrange on a plate. Top with goat cheese, drizzle your cider reduction over it,  and finish with the basil.

1 comment:

  1. Ah! I really want some peaches!! I wonder if the Denver Farmers market will have them this weekend?

    ReplyDelete