Sunday, July 4, 2010

Red, White and Blue (Cheese) Potato Salad


Yesterday I needed a quick side dish for supper. As with everything now days, I am waiting till the last possible minute or running out of time, so quick is the story of my life. I had some small red and white potatoes just begging to be turned into potato salad. Since today is the 4th, I was feeling a very festive and decided to run with the red and white theme. One problem, I didn't have any blue potatoes (yes, there are blue potatoes) and I didn't think blueberries would be appropriate (or taste very good). That left me with one option. BLUE CHEESE. Granted... it's not really blue either. It's white with green mold and really doesn't look very appetizing. I've never been a big fan of blue cheese, but I thought i would give it another try. I'm sure glad I did. The resulting potato salad was amazing, if I do say so myself.



Red, White and Blue (Cheese) Potato Salad


2 lbs Red and white potatoes
Salt/Pepper
1/2 tsp Ground Mustard
1 hard boiled egg
Blue Cheese
1/4 to 1/2 cup Mayonnaise (Duke's is the only kind for me, but if you are an odd bird you can use whatever you like)

Make sure your potatoes are the same size and cut them if they aren't. Place in a pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook until done. I also boiled my egg with the potatoes. When the potatoes are done drain them and add back to the pot. Peel and chop your egg and add it back to the pot along with the mayo, ground mustard, salt and pepper. The amount of mayo you add will be to your own judgement. I didn't really measure this. Add a little, see how it looks, taste it and then add more if needed. Mix together and then add crumbled blue cheese and mix again. Serve warm.

Happy 4th of July!!


No comments:

Post a Comment